Making money as a writer online is quite an exciting adventure. You can make money through freelance writing or running your own site, or a variety of other options. No matter how you are trying to make your money, however, it is always good to have additional income streams. These income streams are even better if you can get paid for doing all the things you normally do anyway like searching for information, watching videos and other common online tasks. With that in mind, I thought I’d share some of the online programs I use on a regular basis to add a little icing to my proverbial cake.
These are programs which I’ve used myself, and gotten paid from. They are 100% legit. If you have a program you think I would enjoy, please feel free to post it in the comments or email it directly to me. I’ll be happy to use your referral link if the program has a referral option.
*Disclaimer: SwagBucks has a referral program. If you sign up by clicking on one of my links, I will get SwagBucks each time you win SwagBucks, up to 1000 total SwagBucks. This will not affect the number of SwagBucks you earn. *
*Disclaimer #2: I have not personally used the SwagBucks toolbar. I don’t like toolbars, and they are all too often stuffed with unwanted code. I don’t use or recommend you use the toolbar from SwagBucks. It is NOT required for you to win rewards*
SwagBucks is one of the oldest and most trusted loyalty programs on the net. They have paid out over $43 Million, and have millions of users. The program is completely free to use and won’t screw up your computer. The way it works is you sign up for a free account, and you get SwagBucks for performing a variety of tasks (listed below). Once you have enough SwagBucks, you can redeem them for PayPal cash, amazon gift cards or a wide range of other rewards.
It does take a little while to build up enough SwagBucks to get something nice, but with just 450 SwagBucks you can get a $5 amazon gift card. If you use the site a good amount, you should be able to do that in a week or two. The real power of this program is in the fact that you don’t have to do anything extra to earn the rewards (though there are many things you can do to speed the process along). If you just get into the habit of using SwagBucks for your normal searches, for example, you will slowly build up SwagBucks without even realizing it.
Methods for Earning SwagBucks:
- Swag Search – If you use the official SwagBucks search engine (powered by Google) for all your normal searches, you’ll slowly build up SwagBucks. As you search, you will randomly win a set amount of SwagBucks. When it pops up, you just enter a quick Captcha and you get the points. It is very quick and easy and really requires virtually no additional time or effort on your part. This is where I get the majority of my SwagBucks.
- Shop with SwagBucks – I’ve never used this section myself, but you can earn quite a bit if you do a lot of online shopping. You simply go to the shop section of the site, and choose the site where you want to do your shopping. They have all the major retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target and many others. Depending on where you shop, you can get X number of SwagBucks for each dollar you spend anyway. Amazon, for example, gives you 3 SwagBucks for each dollar you spend.
- Watch Videos for SwagBucks – If you like watching videos, this section might be for you. Just be careful, it is easy to waste a lot of time here. They have hundreds of videos to choose from, and each time you watch one, your “SB Meter” will go up. When you reach 100% (about 10 videos) you earn 3 SwagBucks. You can let the videos play on one browser tab while writing in a Word document if you want (that’s what I do mostly). You can earn up to 150 SwagBucks per day from this method alone.
- Play Games for SwagBucks – This is an online arcade where you can earn SwagBucks just for playing fun games. I don’t often use this myself, but it seems like a fun way to earn SwagBucks as long as you don’t waste too much time! From what I can tell, you earn a random number of SwagBucks while playing. There are also tournaments where you can earn even more.
- Surveys & Other – I personally haven’t done their surveys or other earning opportunity offers, but they are available for those who like taking surveys and making money with that type of thing.
Overall, SwagBucks is a simple way to earn some extra rewards. You can either build up rewards from simply doing your normal activities (searching) or you can actively try to earn extra SwagBucks to earn even faster. The choice is yours.
If you’re interested in signing up for SwagBucks, I’d really appreciate it if you use my referral link so I can get some extra SwagBucks too. Here is my link: swagbucks.com/refer/W4MOnline
Bing rewards is a rewards program offered by Microsoft’s Search engine, Bing. There are quite a few different ways to earn points each day, and you get points just for doing your normal searches. I’ve personally earned about $30 in Amazon gift cards from this program, and the only thing I do with it is search. I pretty much forget all about the program for months at a time, and then notice the little logo in the corner and go cash out for a free gift card.
Other than the points you earn for search, the methods for earning points changes regularly so I won’t list them here. Just go to the Bing Rewards page to see what ‘bonus’ points are available on a given day.
To sign up for the program, you just click HERE. Again, this is my referral link. If you sign up using this link, it will earn me 10 points (475 points is worth a $5 Amazon gift card).
These programs won’t get you rich, or change your life. They will, however, get you an extra little bit of money, for doing things you’re already doing. These are the two loyalty programs that I use myself. I’m sure there are other programs similar to this which award you for doing the things you do anyway. I’d love to hear about any of them that you participate in!